About Me

I am a priest of the Archdiocese of Tororo, Uganda since my ordination on July 4, 1998. I am currently assigned as Professor of Theology and formator at Notre Dame Seminary in the Archdiocese of New Orleans, Louisiana.

Saturday, March 2, 2019

HIGHLIGHTS OF BLACK HISTORY IN AMERICA


Since my high school history education did not include much regarding American history, and particularly African-American history, I have had to teach myself many aspects of this history.  But I have also been amazed at the paltry or erroneous knowledge of African-American history by some of my friends, especially evidenced in their denials of some of the sad aspects of this history. 

And so during the month of February, Black History Month, I posted an article a day, drawn mainly from the website www.history.comon the history of African-Americans. 

I recap those posts here. 

THE SLAVE-TRADE 

THE LIFE OF A SLAVE 
DAY 11: Slave rebellions 

THE "END" OF SLAVERY 

THE PERIOD OF RACIAL SEGREGATION 

THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT 

1 comment:

  1. Have not read these yet, but your outline alone is impressive!
    (your friend, Suzanne Moore from Facebook)

    ReplyDelete